Friday, April 13, 2018

In My Life #2



I've finally admitted to myself that I am a horrible blogger when I'm at school. I thought that I could do it all, and do it all well, but I just can't. I'm balancing classes, homework, a job, an internship, and a growing group of friends. I'm sad to say that blogging and all things creative have moved to the bottom of my priority list.
Just what have I been busy with? Let me tell you!


Academics 

I've worked hard in my classes over the past two years, so you can imagine my excitement when I qualified for induction into Sigma Tau Delta, the international English honors society!
In addition to an English major, I added a History minor last spring... only, I've loved my time in the History Department so much that I decided to bump the minor up to a major. As of last week, I am a double major! Good thing I like to read so much...

Friends


Last year, my friend group was relatively small, but this year, I've developed deeper friendships with the girls in the English Department and made a few new friends in both the English and History Departments. We have a good time: late night drives to McDonalds... dressing up fancy for the Film Festival... going to see Ready Player One in theaters... hanging out in the dorm watching The Office... I am so grateful for the people I have in my life right now!

Israel

Over spring break, I went to Israel on a study trip! The picture above is taken from Mount Arbel, overlooking the Valley of Genneseret and the Sea of Galilee. It was an amazing trip. If you ever have a chance to go, don't hesitate: go. I want to do a full post on my trip eventually, but that might have to wait a month or so until I am on summer break.

And that is what has been taking up all of my time! Since I haven't posted in over a month, I figured that I should probably let you all know that I'm not dead, I'm just busy. I can't make any promises that I will be able to jump back into the blogging community any time soon, but I want you all to know that I care about you and miss you! Let me know what you've been doing in a comment. I'd love to hear from you.

6 comments:

  1. Hey! Its great that you aren't dead. :P Oh wow! That's amazing that you got to go to Israel! I would love to go there some day! I had a dream to go on a biblical archeologic trip there one summer, but it's quite spendy. :O But it will be fun to here more about it!
    Work and projects and homemaking keep me pretty busy. Shawn and I have been looking for a house so we can move out of our little apartment, but thats a whole new adventure too. One step at a time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you. If ever your church plans a trip to Israel, definitely go with them! It's an incredible country.
      Good luck with the house hunt! That's very exciting :D

      Delete
  2. Nice to hear from you Abbey!! It's so awesome having amazing people in your life to be real and have fun with. ^_^ And you got to go to Israel!? That's so cool!

    I haven't been doing anything terribly exciting. Mostly just working and getting ready to graduate. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for graduation! That's really cool, Madeline. :) Good luck in your final weeks of school!

      Delete
  3. E and I are so thrilled for you. All your hard work, your honors induction and new friendships are such an affirmation that you are (have been led to) just where you need to be. Totally awesome. Will you be making a cool photo book of your trip? Very much looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing about your impressions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely feel like I am meant to be here. I should make a photo book of my trip! That would be fun. I can't wait to see you guys again!

      Delete