1. What's the most addicting app on your phone?
Fortunately, my phone doesn't have a lot of storage, so I don't have many apps on my phone. The most addicting, however, is definitely Snapchat. This app lets you take pictures/videos and send them to your friends, but wait! There's more. The pictures/videos only last a few seconds once they are received and then they are lost into the void forever (unless you take a screenshot).
I like this app because of the ridiculous filters, because you can be creative by drawing on your face, and because I can connect with my friends.
2. What's a song that speaks to your life right now?
I've been listening to this Rich Mullins song a lot.
3. Do you have a book or movie that's your "happy place"--a fictional world into which you retreat when you need a breather? What is it?
Whenever I'm feeling sad I re-read Replay or Bloomability by Sharon Creech. She was my favorite author when I was in middle school and reading her familiar words always makes me feel calm and happy.
4. What's a book you were (or are) looking forward to so much you're scared to read it, for fear it won't live up to your expectations?
Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. I've heard so many great things about him and Something Wicked This Way Comes looks like a book I'd enjoy, but I'm worried that it will be a huge disappointment like 1984 (I had such high hopes for it. Sigh).
5. If you had to have all of your past memories wiped except for one day, which day would you choose to remember?
If I had to choose just one day to last my whole life through, it would surely be that Sunday, the day that I met you.... Just kidding, those are lyrics to a Natalie Cole song.
I think I would either remember a summer day from my childhood playing Star Wars or house with my friend from down the street, or I would remember a day when my co-op friends and I played Warrior Cats outside. Much of my childhood happiness has come from these memories and I want to remember them forever!
6. What question would you like to ask one of your favorite authors?
I want to ask William Goldman (or Harper Lee, but she's dead, so I don't think she'd answer back) how he managed to write a Perfect Book (The Princess Bride). Did he write what came to his mind or did he plan everything out beforehand? Why did he never write any other books (or, at least, none that were as popular as The Princess Bride)? What happened to Buttercup's Baby? Was he worried that he couldn't re-create what he wrote in The Princess Bride, or is he just a massive troll?
7. If you had to describe yourself as one of the four seasons, which would it be?
Probably fall because I trip a lot.
8. What's your personality type? (Myers Briggs, DISC, whichever test you prefer.)
I took the Myers-Briggs test when I was fourteen and I was an INFP. I took an online version a few months ago and my result was INFJ. Will the world ever know if I am a Perceiver or a Judger?? Only time will tell...
(I wrote a blog post about personality tests if you'd like to read it.)
9. An envelope containing $500 shows up on your doorstep. On what do you spend it?
If I didn't have to spend it on college, though, I'd probably spend it on Star Trek DVDs or books. Or a piano.
Nah, it'd still go to college.
10. Would you rather be trapped in a lamp, a tower, or an enchanted sleep?
Not a lamp, because I'm not a fan of itty bitty living space. Not an enchanted sleep because that would be boring. I choose the tower! I mean it would be the perfect place to live so long as it had books, food, and wi-fi. You wouldn't have to contend with hordes of people... you would be safe from attack... Sign me up! Although I would miss going outside... Maybe I could convince whoever locked me in the tower to build me a rooftop garden.
11. Which Disney villain(ess) do you find the most scary?
As a kid, I always thought Jafar was creepy. My friend and I would play Disney princess (she was Cinderella and I was Jasmine) and we would make her uncle be Jafar.
Rather than answer eleven questions that I make up for you, why don't you choose one of the above questions and answer it in the comments! Let me know what YOU would do with $500 or what day YOU would choose to live in your memory forever or whether YOU would rather be trapped in a lamp, tower, or enchanted sleep.